SMC maintain a team of highly-skilled marine experts, including Master Mariners, Accredited Vessel Inspectors, Marine Coordination experts and QHSE professionals with a demonstrable track record working across a range of offshore sectors.
SMC’s Marine Consultancy services span work areas such as; HSE / Transport and Installation / Ports & Logistics / Quayside Facilities / Vessel Operations & Markets / Vessel Newbuild / Emerging Markets / Deep Water Challenges / and more…
Our experienced Marine Consultants support clients by providing a range of bespoke consultancy services, including, but not limited to:
- Due Diligence Assessments
- Market Reports
- Feasibility / Suitability Studies
- Vessel Procurement / Charter / Contracting Support
- Vessel Newbuild Consultancy
- HSE Review & Guidance
- Marine Operations Consultancy (Design / Assessment / Review)
- Drills & Training
SMC are a major provider of practical offshore support services, allowing our contingent of dedicated consultants to maintain a current and comprehensive exposure to offshore operations, including a working knowledge of what has worked, what hasn’t worked, and insight into the latest innovations.
SMC are the leading provider of Marine Coordination solutions globally, having delivered over 60 successful Marine Coordination packages of work to date.
We have significant experience in delivering Marine Coordination from all forms of operating base, including onshore quayside locations, offshore vessel-based locations (e.g., SOV), and from remote-based Marine Coordination Centres.
SMC can be called upon to supply turnkey marine coordination solutions, inclusive of:
- Project Management and Marine Procedures
- Marine Coordination Personnel
- Marine Coordination Support Software
- Marine Communications Infrastructure
- Marine Coordination Centre Facilities
SMC deliver proven quality and consistency of service. By operating the world’s largest contingent of Marine Coordination personnel, we offer unrivalled levels of availability and experience.
Completing around 250 Vessel Inspections per year, SMC are a market leading provider of the service to the offshore sector.
We offer worldwide Vessel Inspection solutions to clients, operating a comprehensive pool of Accredited Vessel Inspectors (AVIs) located at strategic locations across the globe.
Our range of inspection services includes, but is not limited to:
- IMCA eCMID (Electronic Common Marine Inspection Document)
- IMCA eMISW (Marine Inspection of Small Workboats)
- In-Survey / On-Hire Survey (tailored to Client requirements)
- Back-Office and/or Remote Audit
- Vessel Operator Assessments
- Vessel Suitability Survey
- Pre-Hire / Pre-Purchase Inspection
- Post-Incident 3rd Party Inspection / Reporting
We have wide-ranging experience in developing inspection templates and configuring online inspection tools to suit the needs of our clients.