Salary (£): Day rate / salary to be discussed based on site and experience
SMC are the global leader in providing marine coordination solutions, having delivered over 75 successful marine coordination projects to date. We operate from offshore, onshore site, and onshore remote facilities in support of our clients.
As we continue to expand our Marine Service division, we are looking for further people to join our team!
Whether you an experienced Marine Coordinator, or looking for a change in career, we are interested in speaking with you.
SMC have a range of upcoming opportunities for Marine Coordinators based around the world.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Management of day-to-day offshore vessel operations
- Coordinate all vessel and personnel movement within the offshore windfarm construction site with the aid of a marine management software
- Chair daily planning meetings with contract site managers ensuring any conflicts of interests are met with a solution
- Direct point of call for an offshore emergency; support emergency response and search and rescue operations
- Create, review and understand project documentation, such as: emergency response plan, risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Communicate confidently at all levels to ensure work scopes are carried out efficiently
- Check and validate the certification of personnel and vessels to ensure they are permitted to work on the windfarm
- Act as the main point of contact in the marine coordination team for any issues that occur
- Collate and keep up to date with weather reports, checking the forecast regularly to be able to broadcast when there are bad weather windows to the vessels and contractors
- Knowledge of certification of vessels and personnel to work offshore and permit to work systems
- Promulgate notice to mariners
- Daily manifesting of personnel and cargo as per project requirements
If you would like to discuss this position further, please get in touch with our office.
- Experienced Marine Coordinator
- Radio Certificate
- Full GWO's (preferred)
- Master 200 or higher (preferred)