SMC are looking to recruit a Stores & Logistics Coordinator.
The role will service all departments of SMC, based out of our Head Office located in Hunmanby, North Yorkshire, and therefore a local candidate is preferred.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Reporting to Operations Director taking a leading role in in planning, mobilising execution, and demobilising of tooling and equipment for SMC offshore work scopes.
- Maintaining calibration and certification records of tooling and equipment (such as lifting equipment) and updating company records on Motion Kinetic (training given).
- Aid in the design and implementation of quality control systems such as Motion Kinetic Software to monitor and track company assets deployed on project.
- The role requires the coordinator to assist in the implementation of department and project Quality/HSE policy’s whereby weekly/monthly reports will be produced using tools such as MS office.
- Aiding in the production of departmental procedures and documentation in line with company document control system. Requirement to travel to client port/site locations for mobilisation and demobilisation of offshore projects working remotely.
Furthermore, the successful candidate, in time, shall assume responsibility for SMC personal fall protection equipment (offshore worker kit bags) following a probationary period and internal training.
This will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring employed technicians and contractors are sufficiently equipped for offshore projects
- Management of company PPE store and of deployed items
- Create and review annually standard kit issue for employed technicians
- Monitor damage/loss of PPE/uniform and record so information can be reviewed, and more suitable alternatives procured
- Responsible for offshore kit bag thorough examination schedule
- Completing offshore kit bag thorough examinations in line with relevant legislation and standards
- Creation of comprehensive project tooling /equipment lists
- Arranging and distribution of company I.T.
- Raising purchase orders for suppliers
- General purchasing
- Management of project tooling and equipment files
- Create and manage a filing system for calibration utilising Motion Kinetic
- Ensure all certification relating to, tooling etc is filed and accessible to all within a timely manner from receipt
- Annual document reviews
- Take an active role in the continual improvement of SMC quality system and standards
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) covering the tasks of this role where required
- LOLER/PUWER inspections on company equipment
- Pre and Post project equipment inspections noting any deficiencies and damages using obtained data to conduct root cause analysis where applicable
- Monthly audits of stores location and records
- Creation of monthly reports for internal review
- Keeping up to date with any new or amended processes, procedures and regulatory changes that impact the role and learn information about new products, always following instructions from the Company.
- Ensure all internal communications are read, understood, adhered to, and acknowledged. Clarity must be sought where needed to aid understanding, and all instructions contained therein must be always followed
- Attend meetings as directed by your manager including one to ones, performance reviews and training/coaching etc
- Responsible for security of client and company data as provided and used in the role
- Responsible for security of company property as provided and used in the role or issued to projects
- Support department initiatives to help achieve departmental annual targets and objectives
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Asset Management Software Proficient (training given)
- Ability to Prioritise and Organise Tasks Autonomously
- Strong Communicator
- Understanding of Calibration and Associated Requirements for Tooling & Equipment
- Stores Management
- Import / Export Experience (Desirable)
- ISO9001 Management Systems Experience (Desirable)
- Full Clean UK Driving License (Mandatory)
- LEEA Foundation (Desirable, training given where absent)
- LEEA General (Desirable, training given where absent)
- PFPE Inspection (Desirable, training given where absent)