SMC are the global leader in providing marine coordination solutions, having delivered over 60 successful marine coordination projects to date. We operate from offshore, onshore site, and onshore remote facilities in support of our clients.
As we continue to expand our Marine Service division, we are looking for experienced marine coordinators to join our team
SMC have a range of upcoming opportunities for Marine Coordinators. Confirmed project locations for 2024 include the UK, EU, Asia and USA, working on some of the world’s largest renewables projects.
We offer varied rotations, contract lengths, and attractive day-rates, including employed contracts.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Management of day-to-day offshore vessel operations
- Coordinate all vessel and personnel movement within the offshore windfarm construction site with the aid of a marine management software
- Chair daily planning meetings with contract site managers ensuring any conflicts of interests are met with a solution
- Direct point of call for an offshore emergency; support emergency response and search and rescue operations
- Create, review and understand project documentation, such as: emergency response plan, risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Communicate confidently at all levels to ensure work scopes are carried out efficiently
- Check and validate the certification of personnel and vessels to ensure they are permitted to work on the windfarm
- Act as the main point of contact in the marine coordination team for any issues that occur
- Collate and keep up to date with weather reports, checking the forecast regularly to be able to broadcast when there are bad weather windows to the vessels and contractors
- Knowledge of certification of vessels and personnel to work offshore and permit to work systems
- Promulgate notice to mariners
- Daily manifesting of personnel and cargo as per project requirements
If you would like to discuss this position further, please get in touch with our office.
- IT Proficient
- Exemplary Communicator
- Marine Management Software Experience
- Strong Working Knowledge of Marine Operations
- Minimum Master 200GT Certificate
- Minimum of an ROC (GOC desirable)
- Offshore Medical
- Marine Background
- Desirable: GWOs / STCW
- Desirable: HUET with CA-EBS
- Desirable: Experience as a Marine Coordinator